Friday 8 November 2013

Thurs 7th Nov, JR

What happened to the sky of the previous day? Wednesday had wall-to-wall Cu that looked like it was pumping til730pm. This inspired me to take Thursday afty off...

The day was very slow cooking-up but Phil winched me up anyway around 2pm. It was pretty stable but a couple of lucky climbs got me over to the ridge where it got better. Short-lived puffs of Cu on Leaning Rock got me to 7000', but it looked bare north from there. Small climbs towards Thomson's enticed me to cross to the Northern Dunstans and brief wisp. There were in fact some strong tight climbs in the blue but without cloud to mark them and the pesky wind at height, I found them only by good luck.

I got high enough to cross to the St Bathans Range expecting some action...but not a bump.The wind was more NE on top and the sunny western face was all sink. Back to the Chain Hills for a welcome climb which took me back to a comfy final glide home.I txt'd Doug saying I'll be home in for derig and beer in 20 minutes. Lift and a good tail wind made that 18 I think.

Thanks Phil and Doug!

No comments:

Post a Comment