Saturday 28 December 2013

Saturday 28th December 2013

It was a big effort but the airfield is mowed. Russell, Gary and Richard drove tractors Friday night and most of Saturday, many thanks. We also had a good turn out from other members moving the tyres and marker boards plus a general tidy-up. The airfield looks really sharp now.


Blue Mts














The sky looked good too and Phil kindly winched me (IR) up at 3pm. I got a good thermal over the tailings and up to cloudbase at 7500'. There's not often thermals for a southern trip, but it looked on today. I aimed for the Blue Mountains, having never thermalled that far south before. I got there but it was over-developing so quickly scuttled away with wet wings. There was a reasonable NE wind and the thermals didn't work as well as advertised. It was raining on the Dunstans so I headed home after an OK 2.5hr flight.

No comments:

Post a Comment